Hot down South today

Odd - I don't remember there being much shade in the southern regions.

At least its probably a very dry heat. B)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Odd - I don't remember there being much shade in the southern regions.

At least its probably a very dry heat. B)

You were at Rota Newt??

It is expanding in a big way, started last year i think it was.

I was in Rota a couple of weeks ago looking for these:

post-6193-1336911881_thumb.jpg

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

You obviously found them.... :lol: Nice creatures, i like those massive lizard things that run quickly on their back feet when frightened... Haven't seen one for a while now though.

Snakes are now about in numbers.

Yup. Rota but only for about 3 months in 1966. I was supposed to be there three years but Viet Nam was heating up and chewing up medics at a rapid rate so I was moved out of there and to SE Asia way earlier than I would have wanted.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

You obviously found them.... :lol: Nice creatures, i like those massive lizard things that run quickly on their back feet when frightened... Haven't seen one for a while now though.

Snakes are now about in numbers.

Ah the Ocellated Lizard I used to see loads of them in the gardens near my late father's Villa in Nerja I have not seen one in ages though.

They eat them in Extremadura by the way "The ocellated lizard is part of the cuisine of Extremadura, Spain. In this region there is a speciality known as lagarto con tomate. This dish is made by frying slices of lizard in olive oil, after which they are stewed with tomatoes and onions on a slow fire in an earthenware pot."

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.