world cup rugby 2003 do believe the hype !!!!

hembo

right in what is proving to be a bad day for the english football team ; let it be known that from friday the world cup rugby starts and finishes on nov22nd . we will have none of the disgusting behavour which is affecting football at the moment . what you will see is total commitment and no namby pamby behaviour

i hope all home nations do well; and ireland (i will be supporting scotland ) i just hope the coverage is fair as england will no doubt get the lions share . plus hopefully the press will acknowledge that other sports do exist outside of football

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

hembo:

(i will be supporting scotland )

That's a shame. You'll miss most of the tournament :P:D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

im not going to bite!!!

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

rugby will be a no strike zone ; apart from the odd punch and conversion.

allthough you could argue that welsh rugby has been on strike for the last 10 years

John Kenneth Galbraith

quote:

Originally posted by hembo:

[QB
what you will see is total commitment and no namby pamby behaviour

[/QB]

In general yes, but there has been a little bit of diving creeping into the game, particularly for kick-through obstruction and the like, and some teams now seem full of players who get injuries just as the opposition get a penalty, 5m scrum/lineout etc, particularly if it's in the last 10 minutes. So yes, it won't be anything like as bad as soccer, but don't think rugby is whiter than white these days.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

what is refreshing with rugby is the respect that they give the opponents anthems. compare that to football and boxing and it is embarrasing to hear booing and chanting while the opponents anthem is being played . if anything it is most probably counter productive and psyches up a team, however it has been a good start for all the home nations ; allthough scotland looked very dodgy for some of there game. plus the aussies are excellent hosts and love ther sports .

John Kenneth Galbraith

The home teams started a little scrapy, they got into it better in the 2nd half especially england

New Zealand are gonna be a bit of a force to be reconed with i think

"Carp are hard to catch in the winter, that also goes for the spring, summer, and the autumn"