Okuma Trent going cheap .....

PeterNE1

Just spotted this on Ebay, if anyone is interested? ... a 'Mint' Okuma Trent with a Buy-It-Now price of just £65! ... they're crackin' reels --- already have a couple, or I'd be severely tempted! :D

OKUMA TRENT for £65!

Damn! The piggy bank's empty. Of course, I could always sell one of the children.... :spiteful:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Just spotted this on Ebay, if anyone is interested? ... a 'Mint' Okuma Trent with a Buy-It-Now price of just £65! ... they're crackin' reels --- already have a couple, or I'd be severely tempted! :D

OKUMA TRENT for £65!

I've got two as well. And I paid a lot more than that for them. Bargain for somebody.

Regards, Clive

I've got two as well. And I paid a lot more than that for them. Bargain for somebody.

I'm amazed it's still there ... I'm almost tempted to buy it, simply to put it straight back on at auction, and no doubt make a decent, easy profit! B)

Knowing me, I'd find a reason to keep it though..... :rolleyes::D

Ok I bit. Want to see what it is like for trotting and if it is a little too heavy I will simply put it back up for a price that will cover the cost of my ebay fees and postage. :D

(or keep it for some ledgering for barbel ^_^ )

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

Well I got the reel the other day. The fellow wasnt lying when he said mint. It is immaculate and has absolutely no play or wobble. Think I got a bargain there. Cant wait to try it out on the river. May take it to a certain small river on saturday to give it a whirl. Seems more than light enough to handle a stick float and will double up as a ledger reel with no trouble which saves me taking another reel with me should plans change. Very pleased.

Apologies for being a bad influence :P

Nice to see that it went to a good home :D - and you're absolutely correct about it being a bargain, too - I know some people whinge on about the star drag, but personally I find it very useful ... and if I want or need a reel without the drag facility, I just use another reel!

Apologies for being a bad influence :P

Nice to see that it went to a good home :D - and you're absolutely correct about it being a bargain, too - I know some people whinge on about the star drag, but personally I find it very useful ... and if I want or need a reel without the drag facility, I just use another reel!

Haha it doesnt take much to influence me into spending money. Especially on fishing gear. I actually like the drag facility. Very useful for me when I want to sit down in the evening as light fades fishing for barbel or chub on the tip. Saves me taking another bulky reel with me when I want to do that after a days trotting.

I had seen some people say that they didnt want the trent because they thought they couldnt spin the reel with their finger in the gaps because of the star drag. The star drag mechanism actually turns with the drum though so it is not an issue at all. At first I thought the machanism would be attached to the back plate somehow and prevent you putting your fingers in the drum to reel in so I was pleasantly surprised by that.

The added weight of the mechanism wouldn't be an issue for me either as I use quite large avon style floats anyway which are more than capable of getting it going. It seems light enough for smaller floats too but I would like to test it out first before claiming that.

I am very happy with the reel though and it feels like very good quality. The colour is not to many people liking I dont think but that just means a cheaper reel for me :D

The colour is not to many people liking I dont think .......

TBH, I can live with the colour - much prefer it to bright shiny silver, which is WAY too good at reflecting the sun and spooking fish ... might be nice to see them do something in a rich burgundy colour, or a deep bottle - green maybe?

Moi? A Tackle Tart???? :rolleyes::D

Those who say that you can't wind using your fingers through the spokes have never handled the reel and are just regurgitating an early comment made by someone on the web who obviously had never handled the reel either. Same with those who claim that you'll lose your finger in the drag :rolleyes: It is an open back reel, but when I fish the Forge swim on the Vienne my reel is often laid in sand yet this does not affect its performance.

The colour isn't an issue to me. It is no more shiny than a Sheffield and less so than a Kennet. I do think however that if they had made it green or camo' coloured it would have flown off the shelves at £200. There is also a US / Australian version named the Sirata that is brown.

Hope that you enjoy your Trent as much as I do mine. It really is the most versatile centrepin type out there and extremely suited to carp stalking, pike fishing with live or dead baits or ledgering rivers for barbel, etc. And it can perform just as well as a Sheffield for silvers when trotting in a small river. :)

Regards, Clive