Cayo Guillermo

Errrm

Hi,

I posted this on the sea fishing forum but so far I have had no replies so I was wondering if I might get better luck here..

----------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Sorry, I thought it was best I pop over from the freshwater forum, hopefully you don't mind :-).

Me and my girlfriend are thinking about going on Holiday for two weeks to Cayo Guillermo and I was looking for information about fishing there. I have done a search on the forum and there is some useful information but I was wondering what sort of fishing tackle I would need. Also how much is hiring guides or going out on fishing trips?

As a freshwater fisherman I have done most normal types of fishing (ledgering, float, lure fishing). Can I just use these tactics but with heavier line from the piers/beaches? What's the best way to just catch some fish or different species, maybe some biggish ones? Is there any simple tactics I can follow? Would touch ledgering slices of fish work or is it better to fish with a pike style float? All my lure fishing is done with below 20g lures, would these be ok or would I need to get a stronger rod and bigger lures?

Thanks for any information you can give me.

Neil

---------------------------------------------------------

Any advice would be great, thanks.

if you google Cayo Guillermo fishing there is a wealth of information :D

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

if you google Cayo Guillermo fishing there is a wealth of information :D

I've already done that, but I trust many people on this forum and I'm a great believer in getting as much information as possible :-).

Thanks for the advice though :-).