Smoking

terryk

Haven't smoked a cigarette since 10 Jan this year. So far have managed to do without a fag during various sessions down my local, after the odd sh#t day at work, after every meal, or when finding a puddle of water inside the car and the garage couldn't fix it.

The big test though is when I'm sitting on the bank side, keeping an eye on my float or quivertip, for hours at a time. That was when I enjoyed a cigarette for pleasure, not neccesity. Any tips on how to combat the 'what do I do with my hands' syndrome, as I'm due a trip this weekend?

Thanks..........Terry

Terry

I can only suggest the usual, take chewing gum, boiled sweets, polos etc.

But, don,t give in and smoke, you will feel really disappointed with yourself, if you do.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Just get through a few weeks, then you will become so aware of the foul stench of regular smokers that you won't even think of starting again.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Anytime you think you might want one, just think of all that disgusting crap gurgling around in your lungs and what it ends up doing to you.

Worked for me, over 30 years ago!

Tight Lines - leon

ps My mother finally took days to die, after years of coughing and wheezing, gasping painfully for breathe every moment, as her hands turned black.

Dad, once full of life and a great angler, went suddenly, but after several years of angina and breathlessness.

Neither very old.

The kids missed them.

Plenty of profit in selling cigarettes, and the taxman does well out of it too, all chuckling to the bank as you light up another.

[ 03. February 2004, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Terry, I quit on 12 Jan. My grandfather passed on the 10th from a combination drinking and smoking. A series of heart attacks. Seems it runs in my family. I started running as well.

Back on topic though. If you have made it this far without any aids good for you. I've tried to quit many times and I think the patch is the way to go. I won't pick up another. Hopefully if you are married your wife doesn't smoke. Mine does but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Think of all the cash you are going to save.

Good luck

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...