Problems Logging In - Your Help

Elton

A couple of people have had a few problems logging in. I think this is down to cookies (and browsers that are set to refuse them). If you had that problem and sussed it, please post details of you you did it here.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have just been told that access was forbidden through my server.I tried both IE and Netscape and they both said the same thing.

I got on by removing all the gubbins from the web address on my bookmark and just going to www.AnglersNet.co.uk

PS I suppose that's not really logging in is it but I get lost with the technical terms

[ 16 February 2002, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: ajp ]

Elton I'm still getting this message when trying to access via my bookmark:- Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi on this server.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at anglersnet.co.uk Port 80

-------------------------------------------------

Is this because of changes at your end ?

How do I get the forum on display without the menu on the left showing all the time

Best thing to do would be to go to the front page - www.anglersnet.co.uk - click on the link to the forum and then add it to your favourites. Just delete the old bookmark, as it is no longer relevant.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton, thanks for the reply. Yes it was a cookie problem, and I have obviously got it sorted now.

If it`s any help to anyone else here`s how I got back on:> go to tools > internet options > privacy tab> website edit(near the bottom)>type the anglers net address & click on allow >then click on OK. It worked for me but I`m only a learner on the `puter, so don`t quote me on it working for you.But if it helps you I`m happy.

Elton,the new format is brilliant I love it.

I think that this goes for all of us that use this site when i say thank you to you and the moderators for it.

( hope that`s embaressed you enough only in a nice way though ) :rolleyes::D:D:D

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"