Techie help please

Howard 13

I don't know why but today I can't see any of the pictures in posts, all I get is a box with a red x in the left hand corner. It was fine before.

Also when I go to certain sites they won't work properly, it'll try and install on demand virtual java machine then I get sent to a MS page saying 'MSJVM' is not installed on this machine.

The sites used to work fine. Anyone know how to change the settings to solve these problems? I've been to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced but can't see what to change.

I'm using XP Home.

Thanks.

Howard.

The website that hosts most of the pictures (the one belonging to Nick In The North) appears to be down, hence you can't see them.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Hi Howard ..

I run XP as well, and often get these sort of problems. :(

My latest is a freezeup on "Windows is loading". :confused:

I wait until I get 3 or 4 of these, and then I reinstall XP.

I've found that this is the only real cure.

Pain in the A... tho' .... :mad: :mad:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

davidP:

The website that hosts most of the pictures (the one belonging to Nick In The North) appears to be down, hence you can't see them.

Cheers David, couldn't work it out as I haven't changed anything. Glad it's not me.

As for the other problem, that's been happening since I got my PC back from repair along with alot of other things. :mad:

When I turn it on in the morning the lights come on on the computer but it doesn't make that boot up sound and the monitor will stay blank. I then have to push the little reboot button to get it 'fire up' properly. Any ideas?

Cheers.

HB.

[ 05. November 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: Howard 13 ]

Howard - you might want to post that question to the hardware section of http://www.windowsbbs.com/index.php

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt, will do.

I'd forgotten about this site although I have used it in the past obviously as when I registered it tells I'm already registered. Got an email with all my details, password, username etc but it won't let me post a new thread.

I'll look again later on when I've got more time.

You must be a busy man Newt, modding on there as well.

Howard.

[ 06. November 2003, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: Howard 13 ]

Howard - if it continues to give you trouble, email me at newt.vail@pmusa.com (work address) with your account name and password. I'll get it working for you and you can get on and change passwords if you want and post if you want.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President