Canon A40 Digital Camera

Elton

Has anyone got any experience of the Canon A40? I'm thinking of buying one today.

Any other recommendations around the £250 mark?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Found the following customer review on Jungle :

Great pictures on high resolution, but only 7 pictures on the 8mb card supplied. Low resolution still look acceptable on 6x4" prints. Movie mode is disappointing, only 15 secs max on high res or 30 secs max on low res. Supplied alkaline batteries lasted less han a day, rechargeable Ni-Mh batteries a must. No case supplied (£15 extra), Another essential extra is a Buffalo 128mb compactflash card very good value at under £50 (127 pictures on high res, 1400 on low res). Still a great camera at a good discounted price.

Other cameras in the price range that get good customer reviews :

Fuji Finepix 2600 Zoom

Nikon Coolpix 775

BTW, have a look at www.nomatica.co.uk - prices on some of their cameras seem very good.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Elton, did you get it?

I dropped mine last night cracking the front so I'm on the look out for a new one as well. :mad:

That's about the amount I'll be looking to spend also so I'd be interested to know what you went for.

Cheers.

HB.

David - many thanks.

Howard - I went for a Nikon Coolpix 775 in the end. Similar price tag, but uses rechargeable battery, rather than AA's.

I know that you can get rechargeable AA's, but my previous experience with a AA camera was that it ate through the batteries in no time at all.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I now think I'll wait until next year to get a new one and make do with my normal camera for the rest of the season.

Looking at those prices from DP's link my digi is now well under half the price of when I bought it at Xmas 2000 - actually nearer a third of the price.

It makes you wonder how low those prices will get?

Cheers.

HB.

[ 25. August 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Howard 13 ]

Elton,

Seeing you are now the proud owner of a shiny new camera I suggest that you take all of your pics on full resolution and get the best from your camera.

You may say that there is only a small flash card/smartmedia card and you cant but at these prices you can.

http://www.mx2.org/acatalog/MX2_org_Digita...a_Food_166.html

Happy snapping.

John.

[ 26. August 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: fisherking ]

One site worth a try for camera memory cards is,www.digitaldepot.co.uk. Their smartmedia 128mb card is only £39.90, and compactflash is £44.90 for 128mb.

Cheers.

[ 29. August 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: courtone ]