The Real Magic of Santa

Guest Newt

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Hi Newt

I didn't think anything could shut yanks up!!! biggrin.gifhe he he only joking not all yanks are bad just 99.99 of them.Whats it like to be in such a small percentage???

All the best Alan biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

I didn't think anything could shut yanks up!!!  biggrin.gifhe he he only joking not all yanks are bad just 99.99 of them.Whats it like to be in such a small percentage???

Alan - you sound like the WWII ditty

"There are only three things wrong with Yanks. They are overpaid, oversexed, and over here."

Seriously, if you get a chance to visit the US, we will let you name all the fish you catch until you run out of names. cool.gif

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Cheers Newt only one problem mate i thought all fish are called bob cos thats what my fish say all day as they swim round in the tank??? My mate dave has just moved to the states hoping to go over in feb if we can.I'd tell you where he lives but i'm damned if i can spell it all i can tell you is its near New Orleans on a river!! When he rings me in the next week or so i'll get him to spell it out for me n let you know!

I hope i didn't insult you with my last post if i did i appologise!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif(but that WWII saying was true)

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Guest Graham E

Alan, please be nice to our friends overseas. Spoken to Tony, we have a "special alliance" with them.

oh no we don't

oh yes we do

oh no we (shutup Tony)

Any nice person over there live near Kenai Alaska? ( twice as big as Texas I hear?)

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Ok Graham i'll be nice i promise!!he he he

Newt my mate rang me early hours of this morning i've got him to spell out that place he lives in its Tchouttacabouffa!! I can say it as well(so there nah nah)It makes a change to see a name that was'nt taken from somewhere over here!! I mean fancy nameing your capital after a sh*t hole in the english north!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif (don't take offence newt i'm only pulling ya whacker) biggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Washington you dum shmuck!!

And they say hilbilly's are thick! even the

great cornholleio would know that (ask Elton who cornholleio is) biggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

Originally posted by ALAN FAWCETT:

Newt my mate rang me early hours of this morning i've got him to spell out that place he lives in its Tchouttacabouffa!! I can say it as well(so there nah nah)It makes a change to see a name that was'nt taken from somewhere over here!! I mean fancy nameing your capital after a sh*t hole in the english north!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif (don't take offence newt i'm only pulling ya whacker)  biggrin.gif

Alan - no way I'd take offense at a joke. And thanks for the offer to pull my whacker but I'm to be married later this month and she says if anybody but her pulls on it, I'm in big trouble. eek.gif

Seriously, are you going to be visiting over this way any time soon? Great fishing in the area around New Orleans either on the Mississippi River (which runs thru the city) or in the surronding area. May need a guide though since a great deal of the area resembles what I've read about the UK fens many years ago. Easy to get lost and stay lost for a few years.

Maybe you can get a chance to fish for some of the alligator gar that Budgie has been hoping to try for.

Guest Graham E

Thanks Alan, must be thicker than a billhilly as never knew we had a place named Washington in the North, Plenty of those other frozen hole type places up there though! Is it a bit like Wales but richer, you know like Hicksville type

[This message has been edited by Graham E (edited 02 January 2001).]

Guest John S
Originally posted by Graham E:

Thanks Alan, must be thicker than a billhilly as never knew we had a place named Washington in the North,

There's a Washington near Newcastle... And I bet those "Damn Yankees" have knicked the name Newcastle as well wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

------------------

John Suffill

john@go-fishing.co.uk