The Real Magic of Santa

Guest Newt

Us - steal a perfectly good town name? Not much we won't.

Newcastle Ohio town/city 40.335ºN 82.166ºW

Newcastle Nebraska town/city 42.651ºN 96.873ºW

Newcastle Tennessee town/city 35.220ºN 89.175ºW

Newcastle Utah town/city 37.667ºN 113.549ºW

Newcastle Washington town/city 47.539ºN 122.154ºW

Newcastle Maine town/city 44.035ºN 69.537ºW

Newcastle Oklahoma town/city 35.247ºN 97.599ºW

Newcastle California town/city 38.874ºN 121.132ºW

Newcastle Illinois town/city 37.651ºN 88.671ºW

Newcastle Arkansas town/city 35.121ºN 90.712ºW

Newcastle Wyoming town/city 43.855ºN 104.204ºW

Newcastle Texas town/city 33.194ºN 98.738ºW

Guest ALAN FAWCETT

Well i look at it along the lines that all those lovely english people that went over there thoght england was so good they'd try to recreate it by using our names (there's even a Stafford in kansas i think) Anyway Newt glad you aint took offence cos you might need it to keep the queers in sorry i mean steers in (geddit afence well i thought it was fu**ing funny) biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Hopefully i'll be over there sometime this year Newt just gotta let my mate settle in he's already been hunting n shot himself some

venison !! I'm more worried about catching a

bloody alligator than an alligator gar Dave wants to go after some sword fish when i go over just nip down to Florida he says!!I've seen how far that is from new orleans n if thats nipping down the road i'd hate to know what long distance is over there!!

Happy new year mate

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

ALAN (the trogg) F

[This message has been edited by ALAN FAWCETT (edited 02 January 2001).]

Alan - Depends a lot on where in Florida. To Pensacola (northern section) is around 200 miles. To Orlando (center of the state, Disneyland) is 640, Key West (bottom & where the better sea fishing is) around 1000 miles.

Good sea fishing in the Gulf of Mexico which isn't far south of New Orleans.

Were it me, I'd make sure to go before the middle of August. Not only is the city very hot and humid late in the summer, but the Hurricane season gets into full swing toward the end of August. Since most of New Orleans and the surronding area is below sea level and the water is kept out with levies and pumps, you really don't want to be there during a bad storm.

Lest anybody take offense at your mate's deer hunting, the deer population is much higher now that 20-30 years ago and if they aren't thinned by hunters, they die off from lack of food and room. When I was a boy, the season limit was one male deer. Now it runs as high as 10 and either sex.