Matt Hayes At Peterlee Store Opening

Elton

Just a quickie to let you know that Matt Hayes will be at the Peterlee store opening tomorrow (Saturday 9th March, 2013), between 10am and 2pm.

Details of the store, and a discount voucher, can be found here:

http://fishy.at/nemega

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Glad you found this Elton - the opening has been rumoured for the past week or so, but beyond finding older adverts for staff there was nothing easy to find online - even a direct email them at their website customer support has had no response!

It's local to me, and though I can't see me buying much within their current range I'm curious to get my hands actually ON some of the centre pins that they offer, if for no other reason than to satisfy my own curiosity! ... I had a very iffy experience with the new Matt Hayes / 'Aeriel'-type reels with regards to quality, and based on that decided I'd not buy another reel from them without first having it in my hands to check over.

Did you actually get / see anything to confirm the presence of Matt Hayes, or is that still a myth, as there appears to be no mention at all on the press release?

Edited by philocalist

From people i've spoken to who have seen him at fishing shows, they've said he's the only one out of the 'celebrity' anglers who charges for signatures. I also think he's arrogant and a bit annoying.

I won't be rushing to it.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Charges for signatures? Arrogant? Blimey, that bloke I've seen at various shows and spoken to on the phone (the one who helped me by giving me articles free of charge when I was starting Anglers' Net) must be an imposter, then. He looks the same, but doesn't have any of those traits. In fact, he's quite a nice guy.

Philocalist - details of his attendance were sent to me by Richard Lee, who deals with some of that stuff for Matt. It's also on the Dragon Carp Facebook page, here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=542201219136227

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Maybe I shouldn't have said about the signatures, as I wasn't actually there, however I have no reason not to believe the person who told me as i've known him for a couple of years.

It's just my opinion, on total fishing I found him cocky and the whole thing cheesy.

I haven't met the guy, and you've obviously spoke with him quite a bit, so you've got a better impression of him, what I said is just my impression of him.

Dave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."