Average week

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

What is your average week?

What do you do, who do you see, where do you go?

I'm just being nosey.

Guest NickInTheNorth

My average week.

I travel no more than 2 miles from home. I do a little work if I feel like it. I try to get out and take photographs everyday. I write a little each day. If there is a boat due in I go to the pier to meet it, help it tie up, un load it etc.

I fish when I want, and the weather allows. I am building a boat, and spend a few hours a day on that. I have a couple of hours in the garden, weeding, planting etc. Occassionaly I'll help out with the lambing, or gathering sheep or cattle for the farm.

I see day trippers and holiday makers, and the other residents of the island.

I live a life unlike most other people are fortunate enough to, and I remind myself every day just how lucky I am.

When the children get home from school I'll play with them, or take them for a walk, or read to them. They (and my wife) are the most important people in my life, and the reason I live where I do and live the lifestyle I live.

Guest Ferret1959

Nick

Do you do holidays, I don't mean have them I mean B&B sort of thing. Or for me it would be just B 'cos I don't eat.

Currently I'm trying to get my mind around the computer systems of a large private health insurance company with a view to testing the introduction of a new paperless direct debiting system. Trouble is I've only got 3 months to learn the business and the systems (permies get 4 weeks classroom training, I get none!), write the test plans, create the test scripts and test data then and test it. There are potentially 26 different systems that could be impacted the oldest of which is nearly 20 years old. There is practically no documentation for any of the systems apart from the older ones, and there's enough work for 3 people yet there's just me. And to top it all a 33% pay cut compared to my last job. It's great fun being a computer contractor - sometimes!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

i start of the week with good intentions, but by wednesday its all gone by the by, however after a trip out for a days fishing and a few pints on a saturday, a lay in on sunday, i,m fighting fit to begin another week!!! :D:D

davidP:

...There are potentially 26 different systems that could be impacted the oldest of which is nearly 20 years old. There is practically no documentation for any of the systems apart from the older ones, .....

Cobol spagetti then? I love those things with a bazillion lines of code and no documentation of the last hundred changes or so. :)
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest NickInTheNorth
Ferret1959:

Nick

Do you do holidays, I don't mean have them I mean B&B sort of thing. Or for me it would be just B 'cos I don't eat.

Not personally, but there are a few places on the island that do. Ranging from an 8 bedroomed Guest House (really good food), through bunkhouse, cottages, to a tipi or yurt. Take a look here for more details.