Masterline buy Harris Angling

Peter Waller

Reckon Harris sold out at the right time. Sneaking suspicion that they had taken the company as far as they could, so good luck to them both, they deserve what they have got. Happy retirement folks.

Will things be better for us punters though? Could be good for us anglers, hope so.

[ 13. February 2004, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Interesting, that. H

arris Angling are brilliant - I've used them fro years - and Masterline have a tradition of taking lure fishing seriously... or at least they did. Chris Leibrandt has recently parted company with them.

Even more interesting is that the two companies were at loggerheads until fairly recently over the sale of Rapala lures.

Let's hope they've buried their differences and combine the best of both companies to provide a superb service.

Incidentally, I just checked out the Harris website and there's no mention of the takeover. And Masterline isn't even listed among the Links.

And, talking of the websites that are mention ed on the Links, what is the story with http://www.gordburton.com? Click on it and you get the message "this is the future website of Gord Burton". It has been like that for several months.

Anyone know what the story is? Does Gord read this forum? C'mon Gord, get a move on!

Fenboy

Harris have e-mailed all those on their e-mail address set-up.

Gord's web site got so much mindless flak from mindless oiks that it's apparently been abandoned, great shame. Gord is sanity in a world of total oikishness. Okay, so he does like zander, on a plate. But me thinks that was a joke that went seriously wrong.

On the Harris website forum look for "News from Harris Angling" There you will find a thread that Sue started on the 10/02/04 where she tells that they have sold the company to Masterline and that they are continueing to run it for some time yet. Before heading of to sunnier climes.

Good luck to them says I they have worked hard for it.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

Peter Waller...

You just wrote that "Gord is sanity in a world of total oikishness".

Blimey. I never thought I'd see "Gord" and "sanity" in the same sentence!

What a great bloke. He oozes confidence. I've fished with him on and off for the best part of 20 years and I have to say he taught me more about lure fishing in a couple of days than I thought possible. In fact he completely changed my views on pike fishing, full stop.

But that doesn't stop him being an absolute nutter! A complete one-off. To my shame, I haven't been in touch with him a couple of years, but I'm sure he hasn't changed much.

Fenboy

I regard Gord as sane, in contrast to the boring train-spotter types and humourless piking police whose idea of enjoyment is racking up constant repeat captures.

I remember Spike Milligan laughing at people who considered him mad. As Spike said, when he'd just made his first million, 'and they call me mad'!

Fenboy I am green with envy at you having fished with Gordie all those times.

They certainly broke the mould after he was born. More's the pity.

Del.

Founder Member OFC.

Meldrew Lives

3863705131.jpg

I Do Believe It.

One of my biggest faults in life is that I don't keep in touch with old mates. I will put that right by getting back in contact with Gord and seeking his permission to tell some of the tales of fishing with him.

Does anyone have Gord's email address? I didn't have email (and I doubt if he did) last time I was in touch with him.

Fenboy