Sisters to compete for England in sea angling

Elton

Wendy Metcalfe, 57, and Kay Brown, 47, will be part of the ladies’ team in the Home Championships in north Wales and compete against women from Ireland and Wales.

News article here:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/other-sport/norfolk-angling/holt_sisters_to_compete_for_england_in_sea_angling_1_2007631

• Like 1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've been pushing for this for years, when I managed the men's teams in the home nations but the then NFSA and later the Angling Trust said NO! My argument was that it was sexual discrimination but they argued it wasn't in CIPS rules so couldn't happen. Funny how it's now welcomed. Nice Tracksuit Wendy. All the best, Norman. :-)

• Like 1

Nice one, Norm. Hopefully, your work went some way to achieving this.

• Like 1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nice one, Norm. Hopefully, your work went some way to achieving this.

I would like to think so. I organised the tracksuits when I managed the ladies for the World Championships in France, I felt a bit of a prat in mine, England Ladies Team, Norman Berry. Not quite the way I wanted to be remembered.