If you like Blues Music & Fishing

Newt

------------------------------------------------------------

'Blues-Playin' Bass Man' reels 'em written by: Scott Bernarde

------------------------------------------------------------

The crowd wanted to hear something fishy at the small metro Atlanta watering hole.

But Motor City Josh, known by day as Josh Ford, wasn't ready to set the hook. He chose to tease a little first.

"You wanna hear 'Bass Man,' huh?" the fishin' musician said from the tiny stage inside the Buffalo House, his band's weekly appearance in front of some of most loyal fans. "Na, na. Na na. Na, na. Na, na. Bass Man! How's that?"

Wrong song, but Ford eventually relented. After all, the "Blues-Playin' Bass Man," as the title of the song suggests, knows how to reel in an audience. With his band, The Big 3, Ford plays some of the hottest, and coolest, blues in the city. And nobody seems to mind that it's often about fishing. "People in the crowd love it. They ask for it," said the 30-year-old from Detroit. "They're good songs. I don't care if they're about fishing or about cheating."

Ford's new CD, "Stringer Full of Blues" is all about fishing. With songs like "Catfish BBQ," "Early Worm," and, of course, "Blues-Playin' Bass Man," the 11-song record combines his passion for the rod and reel with his appetite for wailing on his Stratocaster.

It sounds like it might be an over-the-top novelty record, but it's serious blues.

"I want to encourage blues fans to like fishing, and encourage fishermen to like the blues," he says. "And I want to write good blues songs." That's what attracted Edd Miller and Jim McCall of Atlanta-based cMo BlueStar Music Group, which formed Outdoors Records for the CD. The pair have more than 50 years combined in the music business and have worked with acts like Garth Brooks, Francine Reed, Lyle Lovett, Georgia Satellites and .38 Special.

The new CD is only available online at www.motorcityjosh.com or

www.outdoorrecords.com

but the label hopes to break into sporting goods store and are looking for fishing sponsors, or possibly a cross-marketing ploy of combining the CD in the same package with lures.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm going to see Walter Trout (guitarist if you dont know!) next week isnt that the same??!! any more fishing music anyone,? Chris Rea gone fishing should start the ball rolling

Dan :D

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Nah that doesnt count they all start like that!

How about Take me to the river as sung by billy bass and talking heads and others!

Mud Shark: Frank Zappa

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com