3lb Perch

Jon Hedges

roach pattern fox chubby shad mate.

me and my boat partner had six between us, he had the lions share, and they were al;l on a silver spoon, which was about the only bloody lure i didnt have!!

its funny, they say fish dont see colour properly, yet i never had a touch on an indentical pattern gold spoon, yet a silverish shad and a silver spoon and the stripeys hit it with relish, keeping them on was the problem.

a very enjoyable and frustrating day, in fact after we had the first we spent the majority of the day perching, the pike were forgotten about

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Perch my girlfriend and I caught on another trout water this Saturday.

Perch pictures

Total tally was 11 Perch, the smallest one was 2.02, seven were between 2.08 and 2.14 with the remaining three between 3.02 and 3.04.

Every single one of them caught on 5" Fox Chubby Shads in Fire Tiger and Hot Tiger

All in all a most satisfying day out :D:D:D

I just bought a Fox Chubby Shad but I've not given it the time of day yet.

Are you chaps just jigging them along the bottom?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

slightly raising them off the bottom mate and then slowly dropping them back to the deck, or slow steady retrieve just tripping along the bottom.

takes on the raise and fall method, usually came on the down part, so you need to keep in contact with the shad at all times.

but i am no lure expert mate!!!!!

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

I didn't catch it ! - Usually I could blame my angling inability .... but for the first time in living memory, there was someone fishing the weirpool !

So a slight change of plan and my cousin and I went stalking instead. He managed a Chub just shy of 5lb - from 2 ft of water on a stretch of the river I could jump across. Nice result.

IMHO Jon, the big ones tend to stick around the same spots so at least you'll have another chance. A livebait or a very fresh deadbait might separate it from its smaller compadres. They rarely turn their noses up at a big moving bait particularly in weirpools where the confused water tends to make most species opportunist feeders...bite first and regret later..

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

'Some of the Perch my girlfriend and I caught on another trout water this Saturday'

Hope that they're still there in a couple of weeks time :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

I"m an avid fan of those Fox chubby shads,they are an absolute killer on my local fen drains,i"ve caught countless small pike {up to 11lb] and Perch up to [3lb.3oz] on them,over the last few weeks i"ve had great success with the "blue mackerel" pattern,it really has been fantastic sport.

"Dont **** in the pool,and then tell me you"ve swallowed some water".