3lb Perch

Jon Hedges

Are you chaps adding a stinger to them, or are you happy with the single in the back?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lure fishing is not really an option. I have spotted at least 6 Jacks loitering about the area too - and frankly I don't want to catch them as the disturbance will no doubt spook the Perch.

I hope to return next weekend - when I shall be 15 mins earlier and walk the 3/4 mile in the dark !

Jon, if you have jacks around then they will almost certainly be on the same kind of diet as your big perch, from worms up. Thats broadly why I suggested that you be there for first light..just before, even better. There's a pecking order on my local river. The big perch feed just before until just after first light and the pike don't wake up and feed until there's sun on their backs.

It is of course a generalism and doesn't work everywhere, but on rivers the more shallow the water then the more that scenario is likely to happen. Its definitely worth a try if you wish to avoid pike and small perch. Lures also occasionally sort out the bigger fish so don't be afraid to try them too.

[ 18. October 2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Cheers Mark and Vidar.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...