offering live chat via irc

Andy_1984

hello after coming to these forums for weeks and chatting with you all id like to see what you would think of a live chat, many of you may already know it its called mirc. a friend of mine runs a server which i'am willing to try and start an AnglersNet chennel just for us it can be adminstrated and even password protected and given to members of this forum. if you know about mirc and like the idea let me know, if you dont know about mirc and still like the idea let me know and ill put a short easy tutorial on my website

you can assign more than one admin to the channel and low level admins to keep the filth out.

let me know your views on the idea

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

i think it's a good idea, would need some moderation obviously, 24/7 really which could be a problem.

good idea in principle though, worth talking about.

i've recently stopped using mirc as my irc client though, xchat seems to be a lot lot better, have you seen it andy?

just had a look at it, dont like those multi chat applications that incorprate all chats in one, seen them before. my friend is also developing his browser based chat client for irc which ill add to my site for the casual users who just browse this site. im prety sure if we get enough people into this chat then it will be filled prety much 24/7 and have moderators for all hours. irc can be a bit confusing at first but ill show them how :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

We once had something similar, a live chat room, off-site, set up for Anglersnet posters.

Unfortunately it led to something just short of actual warfare (too many drinks and a tendency to hit the reply button without thinking I think).

The resulting acrimony spilled over onto the forums, with emails and telephone calls flying about and Elton caught in the middle!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

If your going to set it up can you also do a java port, I prefer it to using mirc as it saves having to download, plus you have sounds.

Suppose i could just /join though.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

er,

"The worms are all designed to connect Internet Relay Chat (IRC) servers, so that they can be controlled remotely. Some ISPs have begun blocking access to the relevant IRC servers, in an effort to scupper the worms' spread."

New Scientist Story

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust