Swimfeeder Fishing

leedsunited

After casting in the feeder , how will i know when the feeder has hit the bottom ?

How many pints of maggots will i need for a block end feeder , if i am fishing from 11 am till 7 pm ?

Should my quivertip be parrallel to the bank , or pointing at the water and up in the air with a slight angle on it ?

Should i mark my line with a marker ? Will i be able to see the mark ?

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

[ 05. April 2005, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: leedsunited ]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For bream and carp I would recommend a groundbait feeder with three quarters brown crumb and a quarter fish meal mix.

Put in some pellets, corn, casters, dead maggots and a few live maggots to add the wiggle factor!

This method should drawn in more of your choosen target than a blockend feeder as groundbait particles drop through the water.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Save your pocket money and buy some.

Bennets and a few other internet shops sell packs of mixed feeders which are great value.

A groundbait feeder can be used to put in bait with great accuracy at distance.

One method is to put a plug of groundbait in one end of the feeder, fill feeder with hemp, pellet, caster, corn etc then plug the other end.

Most anglers make their groundbait mix and add offerings but I feel you can spoil your freebies this way.

Another method I use is to alternate between grounbait and blockend feeders.

One I have drawn fish in with groundbait I try to keep them there with maggots using the blockend.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Leeds

I would agree with Rudd. If you have no open feeders see if you can adapt a Blockend. Many are simply open feeders with a cap on the end. If not an open feeder can be made in seconds. All you needd is to cut a piece of plastic drink bottle to size staple it to form a tube. The problem may be finding a stip of lead but you may be able to borrow that off of a blockend.

With regard hitting the same spot. When casting adopt the same style every cast maybe try the following style. Turn your body to face a far bank feature in line with your chosen spot.Stand up if necisary. Hold the rod with the hand nearest the real an inch or two above your head. the hand on the but of the rod should line up in front of your face and in line with the marker. What you should have achieved is the rod should be lined up strait toward the marker. To cast bring strait down the but hand and punch forward with the real hand. The punch with the real had should go strait at the far bank marker. Again what we are tring to achieve is a move that goes in one direction only no swing to the side or over the shoulder movement at all. Now all you have to do is gauge the amount of force to send the feeder far enough and use your clip/marker to confirm this. This is a very simple style of cast and is easy to replicate every time.

Guest Ferret1959

If you do use your line clip on the reel be careful of snapping your line.

You could use a 'knot' ON not in your line as a marker for distance.

I thought you just aim towards the far bank marker , cast , and then reel back until your mark , whether it be a marker pen or stop knot , is when you first put it on ?

What material should i use if i am going to use a stop knot ?

Will line lay over it on a reel okay ?

Thanks