Weston-super-Mare......... Pier

Guest Rabbit

will cost to much mate

watched it on TV it ain't half burning ,

hope no-one gets hurt trying to put it out

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Just seen this on the news, too - such a shame :(

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Some pictures and a clip here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/somerset/7528165.stm

That is one BIG fire.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OI OI,

Same as that rabbit, spent most of my childhood there on holiday's, Someone said it started with a bloody chip pan they should be banned & from homes i know the fire brigade would like to see them banned.

:angry::angry::angry:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Guest Rabbit
OI OI,

Same as that rabbit, spent most of my childhood there on holiday's, Someone said it started with a bloody chip pan they should be banned & from homes i know the fire brigade would like to see them banned.

:angry::angry::angry:

Funny I never saw you :o

I loved that pier and what about the rows of old dears sitting on the deck chairs all the way to the end, and when the tide was out it was all mud, and the endless walk to the 'sea', and the day my, cousin Sue and sister Anne, nearly got swept out to sea in a small boat with no paddles, and uncle Doug ALWAYS breaking down on the way home to Bristol {Dad enjoyed towing I think), the Donkeys, candy floss and my Grandad never did remove his trilby even if the sun did shine, the day I got lost and a policeman searched all of the beach for hours with me until I found the family, Aunty Gwen slapped me then gave me a hug!!! :D

i have a caravn in brean up the road from weston always have a couple of days walking around weston which always includes a stroll along the pier. down there next week it will be very sad to see it gone! :(

Edited by bluezulu

Guest Rabbit
i have a caravn in brean up the road from weston always have a couple of days walking around weston which always includes a stroll along the pier. down there next week it will be very sad to see it gone! :(

Local news says the pier is now open, with restrictions of course, the structure is OK and the plan is to make it 'bigger and better' . whether or not they will make it longer so it actually is in the water we will have to see :rolleyes: