Fishing with kids in Essex/Suffolk......

Oddjob87

By fishing with kids, i don't mean using them as bait!

My little sister, who's 8, come up with my mum to watch the end of this match i was in the other day, she really enjoyed touching and looking at the fish and has been pestering me to take her since!!!

I'm 18 and can drive and have no limits on where i can get too....but wot i wud like to know is does anybody know anywhere near where i live (within 20/30 miles basically) thats safe to take children....and shes bound to get bored if we're not catching so somewhere i could set a tent up behind me too (i havnt got a bivvy) so she can watch DVD's or something!! I live in Capel St Mary, bout 5/6 miles from both Ipswich and Colchester because im off the A12 in between them. Either post here or Pm me please, thanx guys, will post some pics if she catches if we go, probably going to go saturday if weather is good.

Looking for fisheries that have a good head of fish, lots of small fish of all sorts would be great, anywhere with a good head of roach or bream, thanks very much once again

ollie

[ 04. May 2005, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Oddjob87 ]

That the traditional or what??

I've never had a great catch when i go but i always choose the days with crap weather!!

A friend says it's fishing very well, he went there for an afternoon last week, caught loads of tench and a handful of good carp in just a few hours. Thanks by the way guys.

If you're happy to travel a little further up the A12, the match lake at Melton nr Woodbridge (owned by Breakaway Tackle) is a sure fire winner, great variety of species, a charity match was won the other day with 139lb of mainly bream and small carp ! Day tickets are available from the tackle shop half a mile up the road.

Yeah, you're right about the one rod rule. From what I heard even those that didn't come close to the top weight had good bags themselves, how did you do ?

well, not so good actually...there seemed to be groups of 2/3 pegs...scattered around that caught well...the winner was the next angler to me but about 3 pegs to mt left...right under the tree.....perfect spot considering the wind direction too.....that caught well...i was on peg 4....absolutely no visible features in front of me and didnt get any luck till i switched to the feeder. Bloke to my right didnt do so well either but he lost quite a few fish.....I had a big bream, a handful of skimmers and small carp and lost a double figure carp but that wasnt until about 2.30!! But the winner knew what he was doing....fished that same spot for the entire day and spent more time fighting fish than waiting for bites!! But i enjoyed it once i found what was working!!

I regullarly take my two girls fishing have done since they were toddlers (they are now 8 and 10) what i would like to say is that you need to be mindful about children having accidents so no slippy banks into very deep water. also children have small bladders and need the loo often, and don't want to go in the bushes (espec girls) so toilets on site are a must. take plenty of drinks on hot days and take sun screen and a hat. sorry if this sounds like preaching but you will have a better day out with your sis if you follow this advice.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Lol, thats why i was asking, i always go by myself or with a friend, i dont mind finding a bush somewhere if i need to go!! But my lil sis wont be so willing!! And I really am worried about her falling in, Melton seems pretty good, the banks are not steep or slippy and there is plenty of flat grass areas behind all the pegs but i ideally want somewhere where i can fish with a second rod. One on the feeder and one with the float. But thanks for your concern peter