match fishing 1/7/2013

Phone

All,

Went dink fishing today. Had a GREAT time. Took a couple boys (11 & 13) who gonna show "grandpa" how to do it. Baited an area as big as a small car with #3 very oily fishmeal pellets. Then off to the bush to cut willow. 3 perfect willows were selected about 10 - 11 ft long ("0" tc). I had the forsight to take a spool of 2lb mono, a mixed tin of shot, half dozen quills (unpainted) and a tin of mixed size gold salmon egg hooks. Salmon egg hooks were all I really had that were size appropriate.

First hour was for "learning" - digging worms - and calming down. It took the longest for them to learm to lash the line along the spine of the willow to give it some backbone.

Then the task of learning to set the depth of the float (fixed and running) {Along about here in the day I could have used a stiff belt}.

Good hour and a half and we hadn't wet a line yet. I was loosing them.

Egg hook at about 4ft deep with 1/2 inch of worm and BAM! - bam - bam - you get the idea. Three or 4 apiece and I put a screeching halt to the fun.

What the 'ell? - - - - - First lesson in fish care took 15 minutes.

Contest on !!!!!!!!!!! Continued to feed lightly for the next hour or so. - I caught a double pocket full of sunfish (bluegill mostly) and lost to the eventual winner - - the 11 year old. He had a total of 123 inches - 13 yr old 115 inches and I was around 110 inches. We marked six inches off on our hands and used the honor system when releasing the fish (you do NOT throw fish back). Looser had to buy ice cream ($8.00)

I love it but simply cannot keep up any longer. I am completely out of gas. They want a rematch - - - - TOMMOROW (ain't happinin')

Phone