Do they ever learn

ridgeacre

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wondered how long before that made it onto the forums... :(

Apart from the obvious, this bit irked me:

In 2006 he pleaded guilty to smuggling live fish from the UK to Ireland, a common practice used among anglers in a bid to net large, prize-winning fish.

It's not a common practice!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OI OI,

What a total to**er it's about time masterline dumped him, & should have been fined a lot more than that exspert my ar*e he's a cheat & a liar, MInd he must be making plenty of cash cos coven heath is a very nice place.

:busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop::busted_cop::giveup:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Loads of people scamming insurance i.e bogus whiplash claims and workplace accidents, he just got caught and being reasonably well known has got lots of flak for it.

Obviously wrong and he's being punished for it but the guy is unquestionably one of the most succesful pike anglers of all time (statistics wise).

IMO he's like the Michael Schumacher of the fishing world

Loads of people scamming insurance i.e bogus whiplash claims and workplace accidents, he just got caught and being reasonably well known has got lots of flak for it.

Obviously wrong and he's being punished for it but the guy is unquestionably one of the most succesful pike anglers of all time (statistics wise).

IMO he's like the Michael Schumacher of the fishing world

In my opinion he's nothing more than a cheat and a thief , simple as....

do you think he will continue to write articles in the Anglers mail, i was surprised they didn't dump him after the last spot of bother but no, he even appeared in a couple of episodes of Dean Macey on coarse. I think that he has shown himself to be utterly dishonest. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt after the fish transportation issue, after all anyone can make one mistake in life. But as oscer wild once said two seems like carelessness, and worse it draws a conclusion that he is not to be trusted ever again.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

He just seems like a bit of prat. He's still sponsored by Masterline too, isn't he?

That Irish thing was a disgrace. Yes, he got punished but it was reckless and stupid thing to do. Mistakes that happen "in the heat of moment" I can forgive but when it requires planning etc then I'm less likely to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I don't care how many fish he's caught. He's a terrible role model for angling.

Give me Mick Brown over Nige Williams any day of the week.

Edited by bingo

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

He just seems like a bit of prat. He's still sponsored by Masterline too, isn't he?

That Irish thing was a disgrace. Yes, he got punished but it was reckless and stupid thing to do. Mistakes that happen "in the heat of moment" I can forgive but when it requires planning etc then I'm less likely to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I don't care how many fish he's caught. He's a terrible role model for angling.

Give me Mick Brown over Nige Williams any day of the week.

Nige hasnt been with masterline for quite some time and its really nice to know that I share a forum with such paragons of virtue that exist here. :rolleyes:

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Nige hasnt been with masterline for quite some time and its really nice to know that I share a forum with such paragons of virtue that exist here. :rolleyes:

What he did here is the action of a complete tw*t and I don't mean twit. That could have been any one of us that forked out over four grand for the boat, with him knowing there was a good chance that the insurance company would take it off us with no compensation. Nice man?

Have I ever put a livebait tank into the boot of my car and tried to take a ferry to Ireland? No.

Have I ever sold a boat and then claimed it was nicked to claim insurance? No.

Am I entitled to think this guy is a prat? Yes.

All I remember from his Anglers Mail articles was that they had MASTERLINE written all over them.

Who does he work for now? Hardy & Greys?

John Bailey, Dave Burgess, Nige Williams, Cathal Hughes, Tony Runnalls and Dave Coster all make up the Hardy & Greys Coarse Academies.

Dave coster said;

“We’ve handpicked each of the members of the Coarse Academies very carefully and it’s a very exciting prospect to be working closely with these talented anglers. This corresponds with Hardy & Greys Ltd branching out into the coarse and match fishing areas. I feel very privileged to be in this position and I know the resulting developments will be closely followed by tackle shops and will result in some stunning products.”

http://www.hardyfishing.com/news/index.html?nid=89

Edited by bingo

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.