The Night before Thanksgiving

Newt

Twas the night before Thanksgiving and all through the kitchen;

I was cooking and baking and moanin' and bitchin'.

I've been here for hours, I can't stop to rest, this rooms a disaster, just look at this mess!

Tomorrow I've got thirty people to feed.

They expect all the trimmings. Who cares what I need!

My feet are both blistered, I've got cramps in my legs.

The cat just knocked over a bowl full of eggs.

There's a knock at the door and the telephone's ringing; frosting drips on the counter as the microwave's dinging.

Two pies in the oven, dessert's almost done; my cookbook is soiled with butter and crumbs.

I've had all I can stand, I can't take anymore; Then in walks my husband, spilling rum on the floor.

He weaves and he wobbles, his balance unsteady; then grins as he chuckles "The eggnog is ready !"

He looks all around and with total regret, says "What's taking so long....aren't you through in here yet ??"

As quick as a flash I reach for a knife; He loses an earlobe; I wanted his life !

He flees from the room in terror and pain and screams "MY GOD WOMAN, YOU'RE GOING INSANE !!"

Now what was I doing, and what is that smell ?

Oh, darn, it's the pies !! They're burned all to hell.

I hate to admit when I make a mistake, but I put them on BROIL instead of on BAKE.

What else can go wrong ?? Is there still more ahead??

If this is good living, I'd rather be dead.

Lord, don't get me wrong, I love holidays; It just leaves me exhausted, all shaky and dazed.

But I promise you one thing, If I live till next year, You won't find me pulling my hair out in here.

I'll hire a maid, a cook, and a waiter; and if that doesn't work, I'LL HAVE IT ALL CATERED

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

quote:

Happy thanks giving Newt, and all our American friends

happy :confused: isnt thanksgiveing remembering the escape from english tyrrany surly just remembering the day has anti british overtones :confused: :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

quote:

happy :confused: isnt thanksgiveing remembering the escape from english tyrrany surly just remembering the day has anti british overtones :confused: :D

Sorry Chesters, but could you remind me what being British is all about, 'cos to be honest I'd rather be elsewhere right now.

It's raining, it's cold, the government is a shambles, etc, etc. Blimey Chesters, I'm sounding like you.

quote:

It's raining, it's cold, the government is a shambles, etc, etc.

youve just answered it :D

i think newts holiday remembers a time when you couldnt say it though :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

quote:

chesters1 - you are thinking of our Independence Day on July 4.

Thanksgiving started as a holiday early on after settlement here and mostly was a harvest festival and the celebrants were Native Americans and Brit transplants (and still citizens) since it was originally an East Coast thing. The only white folk who could say they (or their parents/grandparents) had left England to escape "tyrrany" would have been speaking of religious matters. And at that point in time, I think all of them felt themselves to be loyal Englishmen.

The tension didn't start until much later when there was a disagreement over the American Colonials paying taxes to England but not having even one seat in Parliment. Supporting the government and having no say whatever in how it was being run offended some folks.

And these days from what I can gather, most Americans think well of the UK and her residents. I was surprised when I began posting here regularly to learn that in many cases that feeling isn't mutual.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I think that is something to do with people being envious of what many think is a better way of life,and look at all the different types of weather america experiences,a climate to suit all tastes. For example we are only recently getting used to bathrooms that are warm....bliss

a poorly nurse judy.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

you may be right newt :D

but as you probably notice that us from over the pond have nothing against americans its usually the "top etchelon" that takes the flack :D

never mind newt its not too late to come back to the fold ,now about those unpaid taxes WITH intrest since 1776 :D:P

chesters1:

.... ,now about those unpaid taxes WITH intrest since 1776 :D:P

Only if we can pay in Euros. Lemme see, hmmmm, 100 billion Euros, what is that in real money? About £100 should do it don't you think?

dollers will do :D:D