Coot damage

RUDD

We had a couple of coots that would dive down on the carp baits and pick them up, realise they were attached to something and let them go.

One would sit and watch while the other did this then they would swap. Really funny to watch but not much fun when you are on the receiving end at first light. :D

Mark

The state my fishing is in at the moment, I'm glad to get any action from the wildlife.

------------------------------------------

"Money, the root of all evil...but the cure for all sadness."

When Peter Waller dies, his perfect reincarnation would be to come back as a Coot. :D

They are so disruptive when carp fishing, I've had them take boilies off the bottom and mixer off the surface.

By the way Peter, you aren't bald are you? If so you may already be on the path of metamorphosis. :D:D:D

Check out my weekly Angling Journal at.....Stewart Bloor's Angling Journal

So, you've got the carp feeding cautiously off the top as you put in a good supply of the old chum mixers.

It's, as usual, irresistible to the Coots, who are out in force & having a field day gobbling up your freebies. Then, just as you're cursing the pesky waterfowl, the tables are turned! The carp decide the banquet on offer is for them & them alone. From the bank it's hard to tell just what goes on, but the Coots are put firmly in their place & having no more freebies today.

When such events unfold, you just know you are going to catch carp & plenty of them too!

I reckon it tends to be a defining moment when surface fishing & a truly sweet one.

Coots, I love watching 'em, especially when they are warned off by some subterranean foe!

Happy Days.

:D