Del's First Zander

Del_R

ooh i dont know about that budgie, get one in deep water in the early autumn and they go really well, at least they do in the middle level, relief channel and Ouse, but some can be dissapointing i will admit.

Mark Barrett

buy the PAC30 book at www.pacshop.co.uk

Well done. You'll never forget that first zed!

I don't totally agree with Budgie that e.g. wt for wt .. they're not brilliant fighters compared with pike ..... some are indeed like a wet flannel, but others I've caught have gone clucking-mad .... up, down, left ..right ... up in the air ..

I found this pic which I thought you might like to see to remind you of that first zed ..

________________ Posted Image

... keep on zedding !

DG

[ 23. April 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]

A lot of the fight seems to be under the rod top.I have never caught a real big one (PB 15lb 10ozs) but have seen 2 over 17 and caught/seen many doubles.Then in all fairness the bulk of these have been on heavy pike tackle.Oh well maybe its just that you pussies have never caught fish that realy fight! :D:D:D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The boys I go with have both caught 17+ fish and constantly tease me! On one trip (7 days) I had a right result and caught 7 Zeds between 8 and 12 pounds (the particular stretch does BIG Zeds but runs are few and far between)Ralph had an 18 and Rob a 15! They only had three others between them.BUT they still called me "Budgie and the Seven Dwarves" All is relative though Mark.

[ 24. April 2004, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

quote:

Originally posted by BUDGIE:

I have never caught a real big one.

Obviously size matters to you a lot, Budgie :D

They do say that the likes of you and me who have very big motors, have very small wotsits :D (not noses! )

DG

[ 24. April 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: The Diamond Geezer ]