a floats a float. Right?

OldManGaz

I've sometimes resorted to fashioning a float from twigs, or dried grass stems, on the bank with the collection(s) left unused in the tackle bag!

Without me asking him, the great Ivan Marks once broke and fashioned one of his floats so that I had a float perfect for my swim; he even gave me a pint of maggots to fish it with. He was in the middle of a match on Stanborough lake and I was fishing a small river right behind him, He was a true gent.

Keith (BoldBear)

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

I've got a box full of stick-floats, and a box full of wagglers.

All shapes, sizes, colours, loadings etc. some home-made from gull, swan or peacock feathers.

When I arrive at a water, I spend a few moments working out what kind of float I need to match the situation.

Species, bait, distance being fished, light, wind, flow, mood etc

And the float I need is hardly ever amongst the collection Grrrrr!

(I've sometimes resorted to fashioning a float from twigs, or dried grass stems, on the bank with the collection(s) left unused in the tackle bag!)

http://youtu.be/90fXoQm0Lfo

OMG,

I've got just what you need - and in a six-pack too!

sixpack.jpg

(You have to turn your head toward your right shoulder and read the side of the package. No more meds required.)

Phone

At first I read barry instead of bobber. I almost fell off my chair. :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

They look more like distress flares than floats. Handy if you need rescuing.