Bloody Camera!

Steve Walker

badexcuseforanangler:

It may have a bit of grit or something down the site of the lens it happened to my kodak blew it out with airline at work at all was fine after that

My instinct is to take it apart myself, but I should probably take it to a camera shop.

Without wishing to state the obvious have you checked the battery? Some times the mechanical functions of a camera take more power than the digital stuff.

Even if the lens is stuck out it shouldn't affect the focussing. Haven't got it set on Macro or Landscape ?

You said it looked fine on the camera. If that was on an LCD screen and / or your viewfinder looks through the actual lens then that would tend to rule out focussing and it may be the settings when you transferred it / saved it to the PC

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

jak:

Without wishing to state the obvious have you checked the battery? Some times the mechanical functions of a camera take more power than the digital stuff.

Even if the lens is stuck out it shouldn't affect the focussing. Haven't got it set on Macro or Landscape ?

You said it looked fine on the camera. If that was on an LCD screen and / or your viewfinder looks through the actual lens then that would tend to rule out focussing and it may be the settings when you transferred it / saved it to the PC

Interesting you should say that. The problem started with a duff battery, and I assumed that it was just insufficient power to retract the lens. When I put new ones in, I expected it to work properly again, but it didn't.

I've tried toggling between the landscape and macro functions to no avail.

It looks OK on the LCD display, but the images are too small to see that they're blurred. They look sharp enough if I scale them down to 100px wide...

That lake looks familiar glad to see its still producing. Might be on there myself during the week!

Well done on your fish, and your mates first!

I have the kodak DX6490, no trouble as yet, I love it to bits, although the mode dial does stick occassionally