first time going to luce bay

bratfordo

could anybody give me any tips on the best marks and also what tackle to use i think i'm going to try for bass but would be more than happy to try for anything. Nothing too complicated though as i am a relative novice at sea fishing.I have a 12 ft beachcaster rod and an abu 7 loaded with 20lb line a few greys shore rigs mostly single hook also have an 8ft spinning rod an spinning reel with various plugs an wedges .

Will pm you a couple of places to try ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Could not send the pm to you,the function was disabled !!! I think you may need to make more postings first?? I am sure a mod will pick up on this thread and put you right :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

could anybody give me any tips on the best marks and also what tackle to use i think i'm going to try for bass but would be more than happy to try for anything. Nothing too complicated though as i am a relative novice at sea fishing.I have a 12 ft beachcaster rod and an abu 7 loaded with 20lb line a few greys shore rigs mostly single hook also have an 8ft spinning rod an spinning reel with various plugs an wedges .

Hiya, I only boat fish in Luce Bay, so my info wouldnt be much good to you....the gear you have will do fine tho, I know that much at least..:)

Have fun, and welcome to AN..:)

John, new posters cant use the PM facility till about 15 posts..:(

Edited by Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hiya, I only boat fish in Luce Bay, so my info wouldnt be much good to you....the gear you have will do fine tho, I know that much at least..:)http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/style_e...lt/rolleyes.gif

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/style_e...lt/rolleyes.gif

Have fun, and welcome to AN..:)

John, new posters cant use the PM facility till about 15 posts..:(

will try and keep you posted as too how i get on , have picked up a few good pointers Snatchers reports are great cant wait til saturday.

I really hope the weather holds for you, it can be a treacherous place when it's wet and windy down there! :cold:

Looking forward to hearing how you get on. :thumbs:

Tight lines everyone!

Had a great day down in Luce bay, weather held up after mid morning, got some great advice at the tackle shop in Ardwell. Decided to fish Terally first with rag and also a popper as well a jointed rapala, with no success. After lunch I moved over to Port Logan and put on a float rig with rag tipped with mackerel after half an hour had a Pollock of 1 1/2lb then later a Wrasse of around 10oz another Pollock of around the same size and I was more than happy. Round about tea time moved over to Sandhead to fish the beach with rag again with no success. All in all I enjoyed my day out and now that I have a slight feel for the place will definately return maybe for a few days next time as 1 day just wasnt enough.

Had a great day down in Luce bay, weather held up after mid morning, got some great advice at the tackle shop in Ardwell. Decided to fish Terally first with rag and also a popper as well a jointed rapala, with no success. After lunch I moved over to Port Logan and put on a float rig with rag tipped with mackerel after half an hour had a Pollock of 1 1/2lb then later a Wrasse of around 10oz another Pollock of around the same size and I was more than happy. Round about tea time moved over to Sandhead to fish the beach with rag again with no success. All in all I enjoyed my day out and now that I have a slight feel for the place will definately return maybe for a few days next time as 1 day just wasnt enough.

:D 1 Day is never enough time down there! Next time, if you can, get onto the rocks at west tarbert, you might get the chance of a nice pollack or a decent wrasse. I've heard (but not tried) if you free-line ragworm or small hardback crabs, the sport can be dynamite! I've had a couple of really big (for me anyway) pollack on float fished Mackerel strip down there - biggest was 8lbs!! had a few to 4lbs too - will need to scan in the photo's. :thumbs:

Edited by ColMcW
Tight lines everyone!

I can only agree its a long way too go ,but i think my main reason was to check it out the fish i caught were a bonus my next few trips will be the east neuk of fife where i will maybe fish some of the piers heard there is a good chance of a few cod out there :)