The mullet virgin has scored!

LeicesterCarl

Grant:

While I couldnt go to the fish in due to family commitments, have been watching bass follow my lures, and then look at me and swim off!

May be able to catch up soon

Are you sure they were bass?

Mullet also have a habit of following a couple of feet behind a lure, without any intention of striking it.

I've met a few anglers, experienced lure anglers even, who have been convinced that they are getting follows from bass, whereas it was actually mullet having some fun.

If there were several fish following together, they were almost certainly mullet!

It's just part of their repetoire, designed to instil a sense of deep frustration in all anglers!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Leon Roskilly:

It's just part of their repetoire, designed to instil a sense of deep frustration in all anglers!

well frustration is the word ... 4 more trips, and no more mullet to me (although Carl did manage a 10" specimen this morning!!!!) ..... how many blanks before you become a born again mullet virgin ???????!!!!!

Back to the Ferry Terminal tommorrow morning, after tonights lack luster performance by Chippy, Carl, and myself.... :-(

Phil

Small but perfectly formed... (the mullet, that was, not me!).

Can I just put on record my gratitude to Chippy, Phil & Chris for showing me the ropes whilst on my holiday to Jersey. Their time & efforts were much appreciated - cheers fellas - hope to see you all again soon.

I left the boys yesterday morning, deserting the ferry terminal (almost) fishless unfortunately... Phil hooked into a fish just as I got there but unfortunately lost it shortly afterwards. The fishing gods attempted to appease him with a 4" sand smelt shortly afterwards... :)

The last I knew was that they were heading for 'Phil's Rock' at Fort D'Auvergne - how did it go there chaps?

Still waiting for a high tide to reach Leicester...