Chew does another monster

JV44

Indeed, never had the rep. of other ressies but anywhere where average joe could have the opportunity of banking a 30 plus pike was a 'secret' that wasn't going to stay under wraps for long, I suppose Chew has revealed it's possibities more with the influx of more experienced anglers over the last five years or so and the increase in time available to fish it...still not sure why it's that good right now though...good spawning year perhaps leading to more fish making it though to grow big??? who knows.

Indeed, never had the rep. of other ressies but anywhere where average joe could have the opportunity of banking a 30 plus pike was a 'secret' that wasn't going to stay under wraps for long, I suppose Chew has revealed it's possibities more with the influx of more experienced anglers over the last five years or so and the increase in time available to fish it...still not sure why it's that good right now though...good spawning year perhaps leading to more fish making it though to grow big??? who knows.

Yes that's a pretty plausible supposition

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Levels there do fluctuate a lot which I think can have a big effect on spawning sites there i.e access to weeded, shallow areas. Just seen the picture of the 43 and what a lovely fish, Chew has made a lot of people happy that have been prepared to put the time in, it is a bit of a lottery but it does come up now and again...long may it continue.

• Like 1