freeserve?

nursejudy

Is any one else having problems accessing the internet,i can connect but the internet explorer will not find server this has been going on since friday,is it me have i done something

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

All sites or just some?

If it turns out to be just you, try deleting all your temporary internet files & cookies. May help and can't hurt.

If on 2K/XP, also do start~run~ipconfig /flushdns

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hi newt I have deleted all those things but it just keeps saying server not found so i cannot acess web,this is work computer.

judy

nurse.gif

Hi all

quote:

All sites or just some?

if you can access other sites trough your favs or the url than it could be your isp but i have had this problem myself but im having a case of thinkers block :D

check your internet security level/if all fails reinstall your i.e software over the top of the one thats there(e.g i.e5 or higher or whatever browser you use)

check your modem tranfer speed(high speed)this sometimes affects your connection so have it at defualt if its not already(mines on high and so far its abit quicker with no connection probs :) )

il think and see what comes back to me as ive had that prob and got it sorted but cannnot remember how (yet) :D

billy

[ 07. January 2004, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

I'm just thinking out loud here, but if you are on a dial-up, check your dial-up connection to see if it has been replaced by a rogue dialler. Perhaps you have somehow picked up an old one that is trying to connect to a site that has since been closed down or blocked. Do you have Spybot Search & Destroy?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Hi all I'm back.Just spent 12mins@50p a min.talking to freeserve technical help. :o I know,but even clicking on the fav sites still did not work.

First thing he had me doing was dumping cookies and temp files he was none too pleased when i said I had all ready done that. :D

then we checked all sorts of things ,restored default settings and told to re boot and if that didn't work he said ring back for a PING TEST

and did i know my internet protocol address.

Well it did not work,so I uninstall my zone alarm

thought i had nothing to lose and hey presto here i am

DEAREST NEWT/BOYS

any ideas? will i be ok to put zone alarm back on,i feel undressed without the red and green flashing lights.

thanks as always JUDITH

[ 08. January 2004, 09:22 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

I would for sure run a firewall. Maybe not ZA though. I've been reading of some recent problems with both the free and the paid versions and especially with XP PCs.

I think you might do better with Kerio. For the single user version, it will run as a full featured firewall for 30 days but unless you pay for it, some of the features will cease after that although you will still have a good, working firewall.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In words an idiot can understand newt,(please do not despair.)

I have downloaded the manual as advised but how do i install the program?

judy

nurse.gif

You`re not running broadband by any chance are you Judy?

I was having the same problems as you describe.

I uninstalled the modem software, rebooted and re-installed and that seems to have fixed the problem without having to remove ZoneAlarm