2 questions

paul mc

Hi all

First off, can anybody recomend a good screen capture program(free) that is available for download.

Also i am running zone alarm pro but when i do an online security check with norton(symantec) it says i have a possible secutity hole in UPnP (universal plug and play). Do you think this is just norton trying to get me to shell out more cash for their firewall software or can i disable this UPnP thing.

I am running on XP and i have all the latest updates for windows and zone alarm.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :):)

Regards Paul Mc

I know there are some fairly fancy screen capture apps out there but I can do all I need with Irfanview. CTRL-PrtScreen or ALT-PrtScreen (one sends just the active window and the other sends the entire screen) puts the item in your clipboard and you can open Irfanview and paste the thing in there. Then very easy to select a piece and crop out the rest if you want.

If you do decide to get it, also download the plug-ins as they do some additional useful things for you.

UpnP is a known security hole. The link explains and gives a very simple fix for the problem.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

an-paul.jpg
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President