Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp, before I do something I'll regret!!!

Gaffer

Thanks Newt (and all), i don't know how you guys can play with 'puters all day as I haven't got the patience.

The only thing stopping me from throwing this laptop out of the window was that it might've injured a passer by!!

Sorry guys, me again! :rolleyes:

Even though my own AVG software says my PC is clean, and HouseCall says my PC is clean, I still keep getting this pop-up every half hour.....

LovsanF.JPG

Any ideas?

Hiya Gaffer!! I get that message too. Or have in the past, it seems to be when a virus is removed from the system without it first being removed to the virus vault bymeans of AVG first detecting it. I DID get rid of it. But for the life of me cannot remember how!! But you are safe!!

Try sending the question to AVG support. They are SH1T hot at supporting even the free version. You may wait 2/3 days but they will answer all and every question.

Sorry about the first "flippant" reply!! But seriously, I would not trust PC Wolrld as far as I could spit in a facing wind!! they really are the most unhelpful "GITS" going!!

And that's is from experience!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Gaffer -

- turn off system restore. The restore file contains a copy of the virus.

- reboot

- scan again just in case but I think it will be gone

- turn on system restore again and reboot once more to make sure you have a current restore file. All the older ones will be gone.

All - if you get an infection and have any form of system restore running (Microsoft's SR, Roxio's GoBack, whatever) you need to do the same to make sure you don't get re-infected from your own restore files.

[ 03. February 2004, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Gaffer:

Whooo hoooo!   :)     :cool:  

Thanks Newt, you're a star!

Blimey!! If you think Newt resembles a "Heavenly Body" you better get your eyes checked!! :D

Yes, he's a good bloke and always ready to help out but........

AAAAAAHHHHHHH! Sorry mate!! see what you mean now

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))