VHS to DVD backup

Gillies

Anyone have any experience on backing up VHS casette tapes to DVD.

I have a DVD-r/+r burner and have a few tapes I would like to back up onto DVD, and play on DVD player.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this, and what other hardware is required, ie video capture card etc?

Gilies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

If you have a tv card with svideo in you can do them that way,as long as the video recorder as svideo out or any other out type that will convert to svideo :) i've done a few vids to hdd without any probs so far, in the middle of converting them to dvd format at the mo :) takes alot of hdd space to store them so you'll need an extra large hdd

Got a TV card, which has not been used in over an year - do dont know how good it is - and have 40 gig free on my that machine - so should be ok. Will look into it tomorrow.

Is there any software to download or trial for recording?

Gillies :)

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com