This trojan is driving me mad

JackPike

MyNorton security keeps throwing up trojans the main one is sokets de trois v1 and I am been driving mad trying to find it I,ve ran several trojan killers but they pick up other trojans that Norton hasnt but they cant find that sokets de trois v1 help :mad:

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

What operating system are you running?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hiya jack pike,

you aren't by any chance running P.C. pitstop are you when it pick this info up?.

If you are, then read what it tells you about it, I can't for the life of me remember what it says properly, but I remember that it does mention this one socket de trois that you are picking up.

I don't know if that helps you or not, but it was worth a try if it does. :):) Cheers mate.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

This is a strange beastie and we can't be sure at this point if you are infected or if Norton is reporting that someone is trying to infect you (via internet probes).

For now, do the following and post back with results. Meanwhile I'll do some additional research.

- Turn off system restore (it will be off until you are clean then back on).

- Run cleanup on all hard drives. All except the compressed files part - you can skip that to save time. Easiest way for me to do it is open My Computer, right-click a drive, left-click properties, and go from there.

- Make sure you are current with all the XP hot fixes/security patches. Any you are missing, install now.

- Scan with at least two online virus scanners and let them deal with what they find. I like RAV first and set it to clean whatever it finds. Then Housecall to get a 2nd opinion.

- Turn system restore back on. Note that you will not have any older restore points beyond the time you turned it back on. The whole point of cycling it off/on was to dump the existing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Read thru This forum page with lots of folks seeing the same thing you are.

Interesting but looks like mostly a Norton glitch. There are some excellent ideas in there though so well worth a couple or three minutes to look it over.

Hey Newt you are a star I will probaly go back to Zone Alarm but with Norton it tells you who,s trying acess your pute but with ZA it doesnt, could you reccomend any other fire walls cheers

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff