Networks and Printers!?

Chris Goddard

Go on then, I'll let you tell me, how do I do it?? I have eventually got the netwrk working but now I've lost the ability to connect my printer!! Please help out a frail old man?? Failing that....how about helping me!! :D

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

How are set up - including what operatings systems and such.

[ 22. August 2004, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Set up is a router with adsl modem (internal on router) connected via network cable to 10/100 lan connection on main pc and then a wireless usb doo daa (You knowwwwww whht I mean dahlin!!)Sorry just a piece of music in my head I can't get rid of!? A wireless usb receiver on a usb port on laptop....... Funny thing is last night I spent an age with a techie from Belkin trying to get it all configured and then I couldn't connect and couldn't do anything!! But the guy from Belkin was an absolute star!! He rang me back 3 times to try something else each time and eventually at about 11.30 he sorted it out!! I can tell you that over the last couple of months I have had to contact Belkin on several occasions because I couldn'r do something. Nothing to do with there hardware at all!! But they have sorted it out every time!! They have in my humble opinion to be the finest Techies in existence!! (Outside here of course! But If you ever wanted to change career Newt? They WOULD be the finest without doubt!!)

Sorry but had to get that in Newt! So to reiterate.

Xp Pro on both machines, Adsl modem in wireless router, connected to my PC via network cable and laptop is connecting with laptop which has a USB wireless Tx/Rx in it.

PS The bird is fine!! I went up to bed last night and it was on the bed. Only one problem!!! I left it on top of the chest of drawers which are 6 feet from the bed!!?? Errrrr..... Dave......HELP!!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))