Virus!!

kleinboet

Goodness I seem to be on this thread all the time!!

When I run a boot scan using Avast, it finds a virus, but immediately crashes so I cant remove the virus. I have an idea that the virus is causing this. I tried to do an online scan using panda but this loads so far and then I get the legend "Windows has encountered a problem and must close" I think this is also caused by the virus. What do I do? :confused: :confused:

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Try system restore. If that crashes you can be pretty sure it's a virus - and a vicious one.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

When a mate of mine got the yahagui virus, it kept crashing his computer and even disabled system restore. It shut down AVG, but it left a loophole. I right clicked on the C: drive in Explorer and used the option to scan with AVG. It found about 600 infected files of various types, including yahagui, but still wouldn't let me delete them. I looked it up in Google and found a fix that actually worked. This enabled me to start up AVG in the normal way and it cleared out all the remaining bad files. All that remained then was to disable sytem restore, clearing out the infected backups. It might not be that virus, but it's worth trying that procedure anyway.

[ 31. August 2004, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.