worms/ virus

ben88

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you reboot there should be a brief display while all the stuff is loading to press an "F" key to go to your boot options. F1, F2, F8, other, depending on what brand of system board you have. Once there, you should have the option available.

But if you have one of the critters that gives you the RPC error screen, you need to take care of that first.

As noted, from a command window the shutdown -a to give you breathing room then update your security patches. After that, visit an online antivirus site to clean your PC.

There will be lots more to do so, as I mentioned earlier, this can be better dealt with on a windows-help forum. If you use the one from my link above, I'll probably be involved in the cleanup. But I won't work on it any more from here. Too much stuff to do and here I'm flying solo while there, I'd have lots of other eyes to spot things I might miss.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President