sp2 Firewall

Hi all

just installed sp2, had to compile the sp2 and my copy of xp and then burn a new disk so sp2 was incorporated withing the xp instalation, anyway all went well, i was looking at the new firewall, its got some new features, i was just wondering, if its any good, say compared to ZA, at the moment im just using ZA.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

If you have the very latest ZA version, I'd stay with it. More features and they got rid of the bugs that were causing conflicts.

The SP2 firewall is a huge improvement over the previous version but at this point is in no way able to compete with a good 3rd party product.

That being said, I run the XP-sp2 firewall myself but that's because I'm happy enough with blocking inbound stuff and not to worried about what might be trying to call out. And I like the SP2 firewall feature where you can put an application in the list of allowed ones and if it needs a TCP/IP port opened, the firewall opens it when the app starts and closes it when you close the app so no hole is left open when not needed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President