F.T.A.O. Newt

kleinboet

I am currently using Avast antivirus on my machine. People are telling me to use AVG etc., however I find Avast the best I've used (especially the new 4.5 version) but as you're the aknowledged computer wizz on line, what do you think?

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I think you need to tell those folks they are sadly misinformed.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

AVG prevents viruses from getting onto my pc. What's wrong with that?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter - AVG (the 7.0 free version) is what I use as well so obviously I don't think there is anything wrong with it.

Avast is also great AV software and I think it has a couple of features AVG - or at least the free version I run - lacks.

I can't see any reason to tell an AVG user to get Avast or to tell an Avast user to get AVG.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President