Information Required

Excalibur

Sounds so much better than help needed, doesn't it ?

A friend wants me to copy him some music onto MP3. This is on MiniDisc at normal setting. Do I need to purchase software to do this, and also, I think I would need a posh soundcard with optical inputs, as I want to use them. Sorry if this has been posted before.

you need to make sure your minidisc has an optical out, and yes you probably need a new, posh soundcard too.

is the minidisc a walkman type or home hifi type?

there is lots of software out there that can do this, you'd probably get something bundled with the soundcard if you bought a good one

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a TRUST 514dx 5.1 card, optical inputs, got sound to work once, now all programs are there, but nothing will make a noise. Can't seem to input things.

Nero, which came with the CDRW drive says it can do what I want, if I could :-

a: Hear anything

b: put something onto my computer

I wish I had bought the Creative Labs USB device, not a sound card, but apparently designed for saving treasured analog to CD.

Thanks folks.