Registering a domain name

Lid

I need to register a domain name. I mainly want to use it for e-mails and am looking for a company who can give me 10 - 20 pop3 e-mail accounts with a decent amount of e-mail storage space.

I also need to be able to receive single e-mails of up to 10Mb and access the mailboxes via a webmail service as well as download to outlook express.

I've done a search, but all the likely looking companies do not give this kind of detail.

Does anyone have a recommendation of who to use please? Oh yes - eventually I'd like to build a small web-site on it too.

Thanks

Lid

[ 05. December 2004, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Lid ]

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.studio-six.co.uk I run my own business providing domain names/web space/email etc etc

Sending 10mb in an email in one go is not feasible. Most hosting companies will give you 20/25mb email storage space, but most servers allow a 5 or 6 mb maximum on email attachments.

This is done for obvious reasons as a mail server can handle either one email with a 10mb attachment or 10,000 text email at 10k each

You may find someone that allows 10mb for each email, but that email has to go through many servers on the link exchange to be delivered to your recipient & I guarantee not everyone in that exchange will allow messages that size.

If you get yourself a hosting package with your domain name you can easily upload your file to your webspace & email the recipient the URL from which they can download the file from.

If you are sending the same file to 10 people you only have to upload it once for it to be distributed to all 10 people

HTH

[ 13. December 2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: FearTheHands ]

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...