Editing WMA files

Ken L

First Nirvana, now the Kings of Leon.

Both have produced albums with a 10 minute plus track where the first 4 minutes are music and the rest is junk.

This is OK on a CD because in both cases it's the last track but it's really annoying when Play them from my hard drive or MP3 player on random and the thing suddenly goes quiet.

Is anyone aware of any software (preferably free) that'll allow me to edit WMA files on the PC ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

There aren't many WMA editors available, and I cannot find a freeware one.

Perhaps your best bet would be to convert the WMA's to MP3 or WAV with dBPowerAMP Music Converter (free) from http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm (you'll probably have to download the Codec pack as well), and then edit the MP3/WAV with (free) Audacity from http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Edit: If you use Nero Burning Software, apparently the Nero Wave Editor included can edit WMA files.

Cheers

Ian.

[ 01. February 2005, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: IanR ]

your totaly right IanR, nero have a very good audio editor, i use it quite alot on mp3's and wma's. i have found it seems to work with all sound files ( i could be wrong) but i havent had a problem with it yet!

im not sure but i think i might be able to wrap it up to a single file so there is no need for nero.... i can only try