BB probs

Howard 13

Hi all, I've just bought a new PC and set it up but can't get my BB to work. I put in my BT disc and it says my PC doesn't meet the requirements needed for BB when it obviously does.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm using pay as you go at the mo so I'll check back later.

It's logging my processor as 33mhz and my memory as 0.

Cheers,

HB.

It was a USB and I've sorted it now thanks Ian. I ended up just plugging it in and rebooting when the BT instructions where to wait until told to plug in.

I still don't understand why it was saying my new pc didn't meet the minimum requirements.

Cheers,

HB.

USB devices can go a little nuts if you plug them in at the wrong part of the install. See it often with printers when folks try to plug in their shiny new device and then run the install.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 1 month later...

I need your help on how to resolve this problem m8. I have the exact same problem as you had. And whatever I try I cannot get it past that configuration part.

It comes up saying it has caused an error and needs to close, then it tells me the specs and says I have a processor speed of 33MHz and windows 3.1 etc etc.

I emailed you, please help me dude. Your the only one I seen so far to fix this and am anxiouus to get on my new high-spec comp with the internet.

All my regards,

Andrew Mark McDougall

Hi Andrew, just seen this as I've been working away all week.

I hope you've sorted it by now but if not this is what I did.

It'll tell you not to connect the USB cable to the computer until prompted, which never happens as it just kept telling me my machine didn't meet the minimum spec requirements.

So basically I just turned the machine off, connected up the USB and rebooted a couple of times and it started to work.

Sorry it's not a very technical method but it worked for me. Failing that give BT a bell.

Is yours a Dell by any chance?

I think I may of disabled the AV and firewall as well but can't be sure they were anything to do with it.

Cheers,

HB.

[ 11. March 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Howard 13 ]

Hmmmm me thinks mine is more technical than that then as mine will not install no matter what.

This system I am on now is a Dell Dimension 2400 but my new computer in which I am trying to install it on is an Advent T9103.

I did however transfer all the files from the CD to my hard drive, and then found a dll and removed it, in which it gave me all the right specs expect for the processor and the processor speed. (DLL file - Cpuinf32.dll)

Which BT Installation CD do you have? As on mine I have thid V4.00 Index L002. Also which modem? and is it from BT. As I have a BT Voyager 100 ADSL Modem.

I rang BT for them to assist me and emailed them, but nobody seems to know the solution to the problem.

I emailed them about my problems and the best they could come up with was "

The only thing I can suggest it to try a full uninstall of the drivers and then reinstalling again" but they must of not of read my email as the whole point in me contacting them was because I Cannot install them.

I'll try some things out but you obviously got off lighter than I did as I cannot install them via the installation CD, the downloadable drivers from the site or the Add Hardware wizard.