Web picture size

JackPike

the images you are useing seem about right to me bright, right size. i personaly would not have an image bigger than about 300x300 due to load time and file size. but for your site they seem in proportion.

as for format jpeg and gif, preferably gif for smaller file size.

as for the site..lookin well m8!

Image sizes are relevant dependant on the clients resolution setting.

As a rule us web developers now build for 1024 x 768. Your images can be what pixel size you feel fits in best with the design of your website.

Make sure you use a compression utility for your images where you can preview the compressed image against the original before you save it. Paint Shop Pro is a good all round image editing suite.

It's also a common misnomer that gif images are smaller in file size than jpg's. This is not always the case. Gif's are a maximum of 256 colours, whereas a jpg is a maximum of 16 million colours.

It all depends on how the image was created & compressed & saved. A gif image can have 256 colours whereas a jpg can have 2, dependant on how much information is on the image.

Your website looks good - keep up the great work :)

FearTheHands.gif

Knowing my luck if I were a buddhist I'd come back as myself ...

Only one I could see a problem with, at a glance, was http://www.southportangling.co.uk/galleryp...cs/angpike4.JPG

Nearly half a meg as it stands.

Another thing I was told - if you do ever use gif's and want to resize them, increase the colour depth to 16 million first.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Think you've done what I first did with that one - actual image is 1024x768, but it's being shown at 290x200

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Ok thanks lads you are right Elton I will change it soon I,ve changed the picture size but probaly change it to the wrong link, are Pneg,s OK to use?

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

This forum is often full of examples of how not to post web photos. Some of them are so big that I have to give up trying to open the thread - or am I the last person in the UK who isn't on broadband?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I am trying to cater for people with dial up just spent a while tonight and this morning resizing some pictures I am having trouble with the dispay for people with Netscape and Firefox browsers at the moment and looking into my coding. Peter try a thicker piece of string between to the 2 tin cans. ( only jesting mate)

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff

I always thought that web photos should ideally be jpgs under 60k. Some of the photos on here must be a megabyte or more.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.