Driver needed

Si...

Hi

I`ve a Philips CDD5301 DVD/CD-R disk Drive and windows is saying its driver is corrupt.

I`ve searched the web, win update, plus numerous other places for the driver without success.

can anyone help me out

Thanks

Si...

I only noticed it yesterday, no idea as to why its corrupt.

I`ve tried system restore without any luck.

Its not being detected in "My computer" but its showing in the device manager, saying that the driver is corrupt.

Why not try uninstalling driver and then let windows install it's own??

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/223866/p...e-download.html Or try this one??

[ 20. April 2005, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

You shouldn't need drivers for optical drives, not since Win98. Other than firmware updates, but that's different. Otherwise you would not be able to boot from a CD. Something else has gone pear shaped.

First thing. Delete the drive from Device Manager, then reboot. Windoze should then pick it up again, and all will, hopefully, be OK. If not, please post back.

(Or you could try viewing your event log first (WinXP only) and see if there is an event listed that refers to your Philips.

How to View Event Details

To view the details of an event, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, then click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management. Or, open the MMC containing the Event Viewer snap-in.

2. In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, and then click the log that contains the event that you want to view.

3. In the details pane, double-click the event that you want to view.

The Event Properties dialogue box containing header information and a description of the event is displayed.

To copy the details of the event, click the Copy button, then open a new document in the program in which you want to paste the event (for example, Microsoft Word), and then click Paste on the Edit menu.

To view the description of the previous or next event, click the UP ARROW or DOWN ARROW.))

Cheers

Ian.

[ 20. April 2005, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: IanR ]