Free webspace with smallest adds

Guest jay_con

Hi summer

you need to upload your site using an ftp program or the one in xp, i use smart ftp in your email from them you will have been given an ip addy, and your password and the like, put this onfo in the relevent boxes in smart ftp, then connect, once connected you will have a list of folders one will be a folder called public_html your site needs to be put in there, so open it up and drag and drop all your pages in to it. with your front page to be named index.htm or html, you also need to park your domain in the cortrol panel, and make sure that you put the two name server numbers in the relevent boxes from your domain name provider.

have fun.

[ 15. August 2005, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jay_con

My ftp has 3 boxes to be completed.

Server, username and password.

What do I put in the server box???? The isp number??

@SUMMER@,

In the box marked 'Server' you need to put the name of the server that will host your site. You normally get this from the web site of your chosen hosting service, sometimes you have to call though.

If you are using Gray's recommendation, Bacycorp, I just tried to find it but failed, the 'Helpdesk' page would not load for me (perhaps you need to sign in first).

Guest jay_con

I used the isp numeber as the server name and that appears to have worked - I think. But when I type in www.seaspary.com I get another site. Am I wrong in thinking I get a free domain name???? Perhaps I need to buy one first??

Guest jay_con

No. No free domain name. Thought it was too good to be true. Dont know where I got that idea from? Guy is setting me up a subdomain. Whatever that may be?

seaspray.com appears to be already registered to someone. Try something else like seasprayUK.com or something.

Getting a bit out of my depth here because I cannot see all the pages you can see because i don't have an account.

Andy_1984 says you get a free domain name for a month - but it has to be one no one else has i guess.