Another Outlook Express problem

grahamdaubney

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I downloaded it from www.startupmonitor.com so there must be a fair chance that it is what it says it is. It immediately comes up with a list of all your startup programs, allowing you to disable any that you don't like the look of. The only trouble is that it took a dislike to my dial-up program and forbade it to operate automatically.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Guest jay_con

Strange.

Not being on dial up I woulddnt know, but I have nothing running at start up bar the bare essentials.

I still feel it, or something similer if you dont like that one, to be worth its weight in gold. The amount of time something tries to get into start up is unbelievable and most people dont realise it.

Do you use something similer peter

it probably NORTON it ain't upto much i tested my mates pc with a 6 year old virus he was given on a cd for testing new pc's he was running Norton av 2004 edition all updates installed the virus got through and locked up his a drive dump Norton

quote:

ditch Outlook express and download Mozilla Thunderbird

nick you been drinking the brasso & irnbru again Outlook Express may have a few faults but Mozilla Thunderbird is not as safe as some would belive

[ 25. August 2005, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: pumphypete ]

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

try reinstalling outlook express from your windows disk this might help

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

Most PCs aren't even supplied with a Windows disk. Usually, you only get a rescue disk to put your computer back as it was when you first bought it.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I got it in the end. I went into the programme files and did a lot of deleting of programmes I've not used for ages, Outlook now works fine. Someone told me something could be running in the backgound that was causing the problem. I haven't got a clue what it was but after being a little bit ruthless in deleting programmes the computer is a lot faster and problem solved.

Thanks again for your help

Hi all

does anyone know how i can get my mail through outlook apart from the tesco software i.e setting a manual connection and what it means by server name incorrect is there some kind of http:etc i should be putting in so i can get my mail using tescoservers.

i use ME and it has several settings and boxes to fill etc but im not sure how you get windows to see the tesco servers etc

lost the cd and havn't got round to tesco again yet:(

got the dialup software and ie6 but it wont do outlook without the tesco ie6 software?

sg

thanks for any help

[ 31. August 2005, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]