PDF copy and paste

Guest jay_con

Guest jay_con

How do you copy from a pdf file please. Ive seen others do it but cant work it out myself.

Thanks in advance.

Oh can anyone tell me why people like defra choose to use the horrible pdf format.

[ 20. October 2005, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: @AUTUMN@ ]

Guest NickInTheNorth

on the acrobat reader tool bar there should be an item for select text, simply use that to highlight what you want to copy, then ctrl C will copy it and ctrl v will paste it.

They use PDF because it is a very good way of distributing electronic copies of "documents" created in just about any application you care to name, whilst ensuring that anyone (than can be bothered to install some free software) can view them. In addition it maintains the "look and feel" of the original paper document.

Let me put in a plug here. Foxit reader will do as well as Adobe Reader, is also free, and is much smaller & faster.

Foxit Reader download is under 1Mb (about 800Kb I think) while Adobe Reader is over 27Mb and no additional features.

If you need editing, the Foxit editor has all the features of the Adobe editor with the exception of several obscure and seldom used 'features' and is about half the cost.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President